Friday, November 17, 2023

Curious Things in my Dreams #1: Radio Purses and Raining Chairs

 I'm going to start this feature where I encounter things in my dreams that are odd or interesting, but not enough substance to make a blog post, such as a curious purse I found a dream and a magic dining chair in another.

The Radio Purse

In this dream, I was visiting a small shop in some mountain town (maybe the same one with the Lemon Yellow Thrifty Shop ) that specializes in nothing but vintage handbags. I was having a ball looking at many gorgeous handbags when I came across an evening bag in lavender purple satin. It was a rectangular affair that was kept closed with a pair of small metal ball things (like an old-school coin purse -- sorry, no idea what they are called). When I opened it up and peeked inside, I got a surprise. Affixed to the back internal side was a small radio with little turn knobs and a horizonal display with a row of numbers -- not unlike car radios in oler cars. And it still worked and glowed softly when you turned it on. A very interesting concept -- being able to listen to music with your own handbag -- who needs an AirPod?

Note: after the dream, I scanned the internet to see if such a thing exists. So far, I haven't found anything, just bags designed to look like radios but no actual raidos.


A Dining Chair That Rains

I was a waitress at this upscale restaurant. I don't know its name or what kind of food it served, but it had white tiled floors, white walls and Scandinavian modern furnishings -- I guess they're going for the minimalist effect here. One day without warning, a chair at an unoccupied table started to project water from the end of one of the arms like some kind of postmodern fountain, dripping water onto the floor. (It was a good thing it was a tiled floor.)  Obviously, this caused an uproaor among the staff, and they, along with a couple of curious dining patrons, gathered around the chair to figure out what's going on and how to stop it. The chair didn't appear to have any reservior of water, nor was it connected to any water line. It was if there was a miniature worm hole inside the char arm, spitting out water. Finally, the manager told the wait people just to put that chair in one of the restrooms and position it over a drain there.

If you ask me, they should have taken it outside and set it up as an ironical fountain. Maybe not as dramatic as water fountains in Las Vegas, but at least, it would be interesting, and you could sit in it for selfies.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment