Monday, September 18, 2023

Flat Ferris Wheel

 I've posted quite a few dreams here involvng amusement park rides here. In case you're wondering, no, I'm not an amusement park ride designer or anything like that, though I imagine that would be an interesting job. However, my subconsciousness is probably one in its spare time. For example, one recent dream involves a really odd type of ferris wheel that I'm not sure exists in real life.

 In this dream, I was wandering through a carnival late at night when I saw  a strange ride. It was a huge rectangular metal structure like a thick billboard, several stories tall. A cable was wound several times around it like a cord wound on a card, rising diagonally to the top. Chairs like the kind in a ski lift, hung from the cable, facing outward and traveling along the structure's broad side, making sharp U-turns around the edges to the other side.

It didn't look like a very exciting ride, but I decided to try it out anyway. So, I was seated in one of the chairs, a two-person metal affair painted white. As he chair started to move, I realized with horror that the chair had no lap bar or seat belts. I clung to the chair's back as I moved across and up the side of the structure. And, it didn't help that the chair jiggled sideways during these shrap U-turns, making me cling even harder to the chair's back. Unfortunately, the dream ended when I reached the top, so I never got to find out how the chair would get down from the top. But I'll need to chat with my subconsciousness about implementing safety measures for whatever rides it designs.

 



Instead of a pair of rotating wheels, this ride is one big static flat square metal frame standing


No comments:

Post a Comment