Saturday, December 16, 2023

Nanny-gate in a McMansion

 Here is one of the strangest dreams I ever had, and it is kind of a subtitle nightmare. Not the usual normal kind of nightmare that has you jerking awake, but the kind that has you feeling uncomfortable and creeped out in a quiet ay.

I play the character of a tween kid in this dream -- not as myself. I and the parents (not my real parents) live in what looks like a two-story McMansion. I haven't seen the exterior of  the house as the whole dream took place inside, but I could see from the windows that the house was surrounded by bare woods with snow on the ground. Apparently, ths evening, the parents were out for a holiday party or something like that, leaving me alone in the house, hanging out in my bedroom.

Before I continue with the dream, I need to describe one part of the house, so the dream will make sense. The house had a large, two-story high living room with dark beams on a white vaulted ceiling, giving the room a Tudor vibe. A huge stone fireplace took up most of one wall. Across the living room, oppose the fireplace, was a wide, dark wood staircase running along the living room up to the second floor. This led to a gallery with a dark wood railing that overlooked the living room. It ended at the firepalce wall and turned into a regular corridor that led to bedrooms, including mine. The parents' master bedroom was on the other end of the gallery.

Anyway, I was hanging out in my bedroom when i realized I was thirsty and decided to get a drink from the kitchen on the first floor. So, I strolled down the corridor to the gallery, and turned into the staircase. Halfway down the stairs, a bizarre thing happened. A pair of metal arms, each with a large, cartoonish white glove, swung into sight, blocking my way. No matter how I tried to get around them, like ducking or pushing them out of the way, they just kept adjusting to keep blocking me.

I gave up and climbed back to the second floor. I saw that the arms disppeared out of sight. I decided to try again and continued downstaris, only to have the arms re-appear and keep meaway.

Resigned, I went up to the gallery. I was getting thirstier and thirstier. I peered over the railing, into the living room which was well-lit by a large overhead candelier lamp, and at the doorway next to the fireplace which led to the kitchen. This wasn't fair. It was my house, too, and I should be able to go to the kitchen.

I walked over to the parents' bedroom, to see if they might be back by any chance. But the room was dark and empty.

I supposed I could get a drink of water in the bathroom, but I wanted something flavorful like Hawaiian punch. I returned to the gallery railing and looked down. There was a beige overstuffed ouch right below the railing. I could climb over the railing and jump to the couch. But it looked like a long drop. Maybe I could make a makeshift ladder from something, and hang it there. The nanny arms wouldn't be able to stop me here, right?

Unfortunately, the dream ended at this point, so I have no idea if the kid was able to improvise something and get down to the living room.



No comments:

Post a Comment