Sunday, June 25, 2023

Lemon Yellow Thrift Shop

 Many of my dreams seem to take place in mountain towns, which is odd as I've never actually lived in one. While it's true that I spent at least 30 years in Colorado, they were in towns outside the mountains, such as Jefferson County, Ft. Collins and Boulder. I don't think these mountain towns inmy dreams actually exist. Some are tourtisty like that Western-themed town with the restaurant that featured rolling siniging cowboys, and some are just regular towns with neighborhoods and shopping center. A recent dream I had takes place in the latter category. A friend and I checked out a new thrift store named "Lemon Tree Thrift Shop." 

The shop apparently used to be a department store, the kind with two floors like a Macy's. With 2 floors, it certainly was a big one with bascially all kind of stuff, not just clothing.

After trying on some clothes, we wandered into a room labelled "Lemon Tree" that featured nothing but clothes in the color of lemon yellow, hung on racks and folded on low  tables. All kind of clothes -- T-shirts, dress shirts, shorts, you name it, for all ages and genders. We rummaged though women's tops, but nothing was appealing, often way out of of style or in wrong sizes or made of yukky materials.

I saw a sixty- something man (which blue-haired ladies would label a "silver fox") marching around in a lemon yellow safari shirt, smiling broadly as if he was thrilled with his new outfit. (I don't remember if his pants were also yellow.) I guess he had much better luck than we did at finding osmething in this room. Eventually, we decided we didn't want to look like walking lemons and moved on.



No comments:

Post a Comment