Saturday, October 2, 2021

I Go to a Job Interview in a Flying Car

This is one of my favorite dreams, simply because it was neat and had so much detail, almost a lucid dream. In the dream, I was supposed to show up for a job interview at some building in east Denver, where Stapleon Airport used to be during early evening when it was already dark. I was in Golden at the other side of Denver. Since it was rush traffic and to beat the traffic, I called a flying car to take me there.

I don't remember what the exterior of the flying car looked like, but it was just like a normal sedan car inside. I sat in the front passenger seat, and the pilot, a thirty-something woman, was in the driver's seat. She seemed a bit nervous and kept asking me where we should land when we get there. I told her that I didn't know anything since I'd never been there, only that they told me to just land in the front of the building.

As we proceeded eastward from Golden to Denver, the pilot took a path alongside the highway I-170. We were about 5-7 building stories high. which wasn't all that high but low enough for me to see details of streets and buildings. Plenty of bright car headlights zipped by everwhere. A wide array of mercury streetlights glowed rose-gold in the evening night. At one point, downtown Denver strolled past, the skyscrapers shining like geometric stars.

Eventually, the pilot announced we were almost there, several blocks away. She lowered the car gradually, positioned directly above the street leading to the building. At one of the intersections, we passed right over a fifty-something woman with a big white fake-fur jacket and equally big blond hair, as she crossed the street, blissfully unaware of us.

Finally, the car landed on the street with a cartoonish hop, in the front of the building which turned out to be a Depression-era Art Deco mid-rise office building. A long line of office workers waiting at a RTD bus stop on the sidewalk looked on with amazement as I disembarked the flying car. (Apparently, flying cars weren't common at the time period in this dream world.) I gave them a little wave and strolled breezily into the building.


No comments:

Post a Comment