Friday, July 23, 2021

Pop-Up Renaissance Fair in the Middle of Night

 In this dream, I was living in a condominium building on the top of a hill with my unit overlooking open space with sad, scraggly trees, yellow prairie grass and a dried-up creek. A lousy view, to be honest.

One night, I woke up to colorful lights streaming into my bedroom and looked out the bedroom window. Down the hill, about 500 feet from my building, was a little town of circus-type tents in different colors, lit up bright and vivid under the night sky. I could make out a Ferris wheel slowly turning in the background. I had no idea that a fair had moved in and set up practically close to my home.

 It was something like 3 AM, and yet I could see many people milling around in the fair like it was just after suppertime. On a closer note, I saw that the people were dressed up in time period costumes, mostly from circa 1400's. Must be a Renaissance festival.

 After watching the fair and marveling at the vivid sights for a while, I spotted a costumed couple strolling down the dry creek bed from the fair. As the creek meandered closer to the building, I got a good look at them. The man wore a brilliant blue cloak and a fancy puffed-up purple cap with a feature, and the woman had on a long patchwork gown of rich jewel tones with a long, pointy cap in lavender purple with a wisp of fabric floating from its tip.  Then they disappeared from sight under a foot bridge running over the creek. After that, I went back to bed (presumably because I was tired and it was the middle of the night.)

Once I woke up in the morning, I looked out the bedroom window to look at the fair again. But there was no sights of the tents or anything. I got dressed and went out, crossing the foot bridge that the costumed couple had passed under last night. I hurried down the hill in bright sunlight, to where I thought I saw the fair. Nothing, not even strewn pieces of trash or trampled-on earth. Just dry grass and scraggly trees. It must have been a dream, even though it felt very real. Really disappointing that the fair apparently didn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment