Monday, August 12, 2024

Tales of the Midnight Mall #3: A Dead Mall is Discovered

 I guess this is more like a tale of a dead mall. This dream takes place in an office space that I work at (not sure what kind job I have). It seems that the management figured out there must be a room behind a wall without any kind of access to it. So, a contractor is hired to knock out a hole in the wall, so we can see what's behind it.

I was sitting at my desk, doing my thing with the computer, when I heard the contractor call out, "Hey, everyone -- check this out!"

My co-workers and I gathered around the newly made hole, and we saw what had amazed the contractor. It wasn't a room at all, but space above a floor at least 2 stories down, which meant it was underground. But what we saw wasn't a basement but part of a dark shopping mall. An empty water fountain, and a dark store entrance with a sign reading "FLORSHEIM" in a mid-century-style font above it.

 Someone said, "Wow, I had no idea there used to be a mall here!"

Someone else said, "Let's go down there and chec it out."

Unfortunately, the dream ended there, so I don't know if we made it down.

"


No comments:

Post a Comment