Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Fortune Teller and a Cat Named T.S.

 You know how dreams usually don't have real endings -- they just stop abruptly, in the middle of something, especially when you wake up? Last night, I had a dream that not only had an actual ending; it was a happy ending.

In my dream, my hairstylist Veronica (which actually exists in real life) was finishing up with my haircut when a middle-aged dark woman, probably from the West Indies swept in, proclaiming to be a fortune teller. Though I normally don't go for this kind of thing, I agreed to have my fortune read.

The fortune teller told my fortune in a way I've never seen before. Instead of using tarot cards, reading palms or other usual methods, she painted dots of powders in different colors on my palm and along my forearm. Next, she poked each dot with a thoughtful "Hmmm" before coming up with a final interpretion. Unfortuantedly, I don't remember what it was, but it spooked me enough that I dashed out of the hairstylist's salon. I ended up in a large meandering park full of hills, passing by playgrounds and trees and so on. After a while, I realized I was lost and tried to find my way out of the park, hoping to find my home. At one point I passed by a low-slung brick restaurant that was said to be owned by Kristie Alley, though I didn't see the late actress herself.

Finally, I got out of the park and located my home which was a rambling 3rd-floor flat with a tower on the top of a Victorian house on a tall hill. It seems I shared this flat with my husband and a whimsical black cat with white foot called T.S. No idea what the initials stand for, but I was happy to be home.

PS: after some speculation, I think T.S. stands for "Too Smart" as in "too smart for his own good."





No comments:

Post a Comment