Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Borrowed Blue Shoes

 I seem to have so many dreams about amusement parks and roller coasters,

 even though i never worked at one. I do have a soft spot for amusement parks. Heck, this blog is named after one of these dreams. But, I won't waste time analyzing why in this particular post.

This dream was about a multi-level parking garage that was somehow converted to a roller coaster, with the tracks all tucked inside the structure.

My husband and I got into the line to this ride, and just as we got to the head of the line, I was told I can't get into the ride unless I wore shoes. As it happened, I was barefoot in this dream -- don't ask me why. Maybe I lost my shoes on another ride. I complained about the rule, and as we were about to depart, a woman rushed over and asked me, "What shoe size do you wear? Here, take mine!" She lent me her shoes, which were denim blue mules with high wedge heels. (For some reason, the shoes make me think of an old shoe brand -- Candies. Is this brand still around? I digress...) The insides of the shoes were moist with sweat.... ewww! But I wore them to be nice, and we did want to get on that ride. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about the roller coaster, other than that it weaved in and out of the parking garage -- no loops that I recall.


The moral of the dream, kids, is to be sure to wear shoes to an amusement park, especially the kind that don't fall off, lest you be forced to wear someone's sweat-soaked shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment