Sunday, May 21, 2023

Goldilocks Ferris Wheels

 I've blogged here quite a few times about amusement parks and rides, and I don't know why they feature so much in my dreams. Maybe it's because I used to be an amusement park buff. Also, don't your pulse quicken in excitement when you drive by an amusement park with sloping latticework of a roller coaster, too? Anyway, here's a dream about a weird ride -- actually more like a trio of rides.

The are apparently set at some fair set in the downtown of some unspecified city, rides and attractions spread throughout alleys and side streets. I was traversing down a side street when I spotted a line of people leading into an alley, and joined it out of curiosity. Once I reached the head of the line, there was a track like the kind used for dark rides (like Peter Pan at Disneyland. But instead of a little fake flying pirate ship, I was seated in this rather boring park bench with a lap bar fastened across my lap. The bench rolled along the track down the alley toward a small ferris wheel as tall as a bus. It lifted my bench off the track and gave me and the bench a trip up and down for just one rotation. As you can imagine, it wasn't very exciting as the ride didn't go quite high -- it was like riding one of these old-fasioned coin-op kiddie rides at a supermarket. My bench was put down, back on the track and continue along the track for another block. Another ferris wheel, this time twice as big as the previous wheel, came into view. It also gave me a ride of just one rotation, which was a bit better than the other, but only a bit. Again, the bench returned to the track and went trucking again for another block. A really huge ferris wheel loomed into sight and

gave me a huge lift, swinging me stories high, with white spokes spinning beneath. It was like riding a jet plane after peadalling along in a kid's tricycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment