Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Paper Towel Flinging Poltergeist

 I had a dream last night about a new condo I had purchased. I was showing off the new place to relatives and friends. We had strolled into the kitchen where I showed off the kitchen appliances which were in an odd shade of yellow-orange. All of a sudden,  a dark-skinned man who looked like the actor who played Tuvok the Vulcan officer on Star Trek Voyager, walked through the closed doors of the fridge like a ghost. He flung rolls of paper towels all over the floor and then disappeared, leaving us confused.

Later on, I opened a small store in a mall that specialized in all kinds of discontinued things like Insta-Pots, out-of-season holiday decorations, body care products from bankrupt companies and other things that were, well, out of date. I had displayed all of these goods in a huge series of wood cubbyhole shelves across one wall.  My friend Tina swing by to buy one of the Insta-Pots. As we went over to the checkout counter to ring up the pot, this same ghost (who was not wearing pointy years or a Starfleet uniform in case you were wondering) showed up, phasing through a storage cupboard. Like the last time, he flung rolls of paper towels onto the floor and disappeared.

Tina asked, "What was that?"

"I dunno. Maybe he doesn't like m business model," I quipped, shrugging my shoulders.



No comments:

Post a Comment