Thursday, June 29, 2017

Computers, Throw Pillows and Art Thieves

Here are a couple of weird dreams involving computers.

In the first dream, I discovered that my computer had a program with a very odd purpose -- it seems that it specializes in updating....throw pillows. Yep, these pillow-shaped things on your living room furniture. One day, the computer insisted that my throw pillows were out of date, and after thinking, "Oh, all right, why not?" I ran the update program. As a result, all my throw pillows got changed. My dream didn't last long enough for me to find if there were update programs for other things like clothing and dishes. :-)

In the second dream, I was working in an office where I had a computer with a printer. One day someone came up with the idea of holding an art show in our office (don't ask me why)  so artwork was hung everywhere for people to look at. However, nobody had given any thought about security. My monitor and printer were stolen, and then the thief propped up a landscape painting where my monitor was, so people wouldn't notice the monitor was missing.

After the art show, I got a replacement monitor, but the only printer the IT person could find on hand was a receipt printer like the kind use at stores and restaurants. So, I ended up having to print out memos and letters on long little strips of paper. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment